Monday, December 20, 2021

Another ending


Ooolala, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here. And so many changes over the past 5 years: divorce, a new and then lost love, a new recently purchased house, friends returning from far away, growing kids, wrinkling skin, greying and receding hair, this pandemic and now another studio move. Ugh. It's so difficult to settle into a new work space and to then find yourself unexpectedly searching for something else. 

Need to try and bookmark this moment in time. After a very difficult and complex break-up, it took a long time to find momentum for painting. It's a little frustrating to have to break that force. But a painter friend reminded me that I've been through this before (this is my 5th studio move in 6 years), and I'll catch the momentum again. I have to admit though it's so hard to stay in a painter's mind when the complexities of life and children are ever present.  

Have been working on 3 groups of things this past year: fast gouache pieces on paper, word drawings on paper and oil paintings (a quick set on paper just to get working & the beginning of light studies on canvas).

No comments: