Monday, December 20, 2021

The things you said




I've not had very many romantic relationships in my lifetime. The few that I have had have meant quite a bit to me. My last one was the most intense, deep, and in the end, painful I've ever experienced.  The connection we had was uncanny-- communication existed on multiple levels where we were able to reach a profound sense of self. We broke because of a disagreement of approach and intent toward the future. But of course I realize there are always many sides and interpretations to these events. Long after the end there was still intense pain filled with voices and visions.  I still hear so many of things that were said which always seemed atypical for the place we'd discovered together. These drawings were/are an attempt to purge these phrases from my mind. Sometimes with success and other times not so much. I don't think this is the final form for these drawings. Right now they're so brutal in approach-- contrasting graphite with handprints, over stencils on paper. But I do think the immediacy comes close to the pain of the cruelty of those words said in moments of heat and anger. 

No comments: